A hot recipe for winter days, clam chowder is one of the tastes of childhood for many. The version presented here is a traditional cream-based one which can be ready in under 1 hour when cooked fast. Here we present the slow cooker version for the same clam chowder.
Ingredients of Clam Chowder
- 4 cans minced clams with juice
- ½ lb bacon or pork, diced
- 7 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3-4 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 cups cream or milk
- 3 cups water
- fresh parsley
How to Make Clam Chowder?
- If the clams are too big, cut them into smaller pieces. Saute in a skillet the salted pork or bacon and the onion until it turns brownish.
- Transfer into a slow cooker and add the clams. Then add all the other ingredients, but not the cornstarch, milk and parsley.
- Cover the slow cooker. Cook for 3-4 hours on high heat, until the vegetables are tender.
- Combine the cornstarch with one cup of milk. Pour this mixture in the slow cooker in the last hour of cooking.
- Stir it well and let it heat up.
- When ready to serve, top each soup portion with a little bit of chopped parsley.
For extra flavor, you may serve this with a little red wine vinegar added (stirred in) right before serving.
This and many other menu selections can become more affordable by using our exclusive coupons for Golden Corral.