Carrot and Raisin Salad is excellent for the healthy food enthusiasts. It is a colorful dish meal that has been around for long. It is quick to make, sweet yet friendly to the diabetics. If you want to make it even healthier, then add plain Greek yoghurt instead of mayonnaise.
Ingredients for Carrot and Raisin Salad – 8 Servings:
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¾ cup raisins
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 tbsp milk
How to Make Carrot and Raisin Salad?
- Take a large bowl and place the shredded carrots and raisins inside.
- Put the mayonnaise in a smaller bowl. Then add the sugar, plus a quantity of milk that will suffice for the dressing consistency.
- Combine these ingredients in the small bowl, and then pour the mixture in the bigger bowl.
- Toss everything, so that the carrot is well coated in the mixture.
- Your Carrot and Raisin Salad is ready to serve.
Note: This salad is best when the raisins are simmered for 5 minutes in water, then cooled and incorporated into the mixture. They will have a different texture and will release their sweetness easily. For a bit of citrus taste, you may want to add some lemon juice. Let the salad sit for the different tastes to combine.
This and many other menu selections can become more affordable by using our exclusive coupons for Golden Corral.