Named after Bourbon Street in New Orleans, this dish is now widely available in restaurants. It is sweet and moderately spicy. You can make it ahead of time and even freeze it in large portions. Start by getting the following.
Ingredients for Bourbon Street Chicken
- 1 pound Chicken Leg or Thigh Meat, pulled apart or cut in bite size chunks
- 4 ounces Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered Ginger
- 2 tablespoons dried minced Onion
- 1/2 cup Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey
- 2 tablespoons White Wine
- Mix all the marinade ingredients and pour over chicken pieces in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate (stirring often) for several hours (best overnight).
- Bake chicken at 350 for one hour in a single layer, basting every 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken.
- Scrape pan juices with all the brown bits into a frying pan.
- Heat, and add 2 Tbs. white wine.
- Stir and add chicken.
- Cook for 1 minute and serve.
If you want this dish to taste sweeter, cut down on the soy sauce and also go easy on the pepper and ginger.
This and many other menu selections can become more affordable by using our exclusive coupons for Golden Corral.